Received news via FB that yet another dear friend of mine has fallen seriously ill, with an inoperable brain aneurysm. I also have another FB friend who has, for several years, been suffering from the big C (can't say the word), and several others whose family members are suffering from serious illnesses. Then I have my Da, who has yet to be diagnosed with anything, but has a concern of a growth in his abdomen.
It seems every time I visit the FB home feed, someone else with whom I am close, is either sick or has a family member or friend who is sick. There is so much bad information in the news stream that I dread checking it. When I become overwhelmed with dire information, I become reflexively withdrawn. It is a defence mechanism that has afflicted me my entire life, and I don't know how to be any other way. At times like this, I wish I had more courage. At times like this, I wish I could have faith that God will restore my loved ones to their rightful good health. I pray he is listening and responding to the many prayers that are being offered on behalf of these people.
No comments:
Post a Comment